Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources Commission
Regular meetings are held on the second Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in Common Council Chambers, 3rd floor, City Hall, 108 E. Green Street, 108 E. Green Street, Ithaca, NY 14850. If a meeting should fall on a nationally recognized holiday when city offices are closed, the meeting may take place the following Thursday at the same time and in the same location.
Agenda & Minutes
Agendas are available on the Thursday prior to the meeting. Minutes are posted upon approval by the Commission.
|Most Recent Agenda||View Available Minutes|
Overview & Duties
The Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources Commission is charged with providing Common Council and the appropriate committees thereof, the City’s quasi-judicial boards, and City staff with advisory research, public input, and analysis for matters related to:
- Parks and open spaces, including the City Cemetery and Newman Municipal Golf Course, including public use and access to parks and open spaces for recreation and other purposes.
- The conservation of the designated Natural Areas including public use and education.
- Trees and shrubs, and the maintenance thereof.
- Waterways and waterfront, marinas, docks, boats, and boating.
- The preservation, development, and use of the natural and physical features and conditions of the City so as to enhance the long-range value of the environment.
- Environmental assessments and environmental impact statements for proposed actions.
The Commission is also charged with serving as a means of engaging in community outreach and receiving community input on the above-described subject matter in a manner consistent with the diversity, accessibility, and sustainability goals of the City and in conjunction with all appropriate Commissions, as necessary, to achieve such goals.
|Chair, Monika Roth||Term to expire 12-31-19|
|Daniel Hoffman||Term to expire 12-31-18|
|Tyler Moeller||Term to expire 12-31-18|
|Claire Concepcion||Term to expire 12-31-18|
|Thomas Shelley||Term to expire 12-31-18|
|Scott Freyburger||Term to expire 12-31-19|
|Michelle Courtney Berry||Term to expire 12-31-19|
|Ellen Leventry||Term to expire 12-31-19|
|Beth Myers||Term to expire 12-31-19|
|Graham Kerslick||Common Council Liaison|
|Cynthia Brock||Common Council Liaison|
|You can contact the Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources Commission at PRNR@cityofithaca.org|