For more information, or to register for programs, visit: https://giac.recdesk.com
Youth After School Program
Through on-going, short-term daily activities, the youth program facilitates recreational, educational, and cultural programs which strive to promote a sense of unity among children of all backgrounds.
A wide range of programs is offered during the after-school hours of 2 to 6 p.m., Monday - Friday. The program is very fast paced and exciting. The distinct primary areas of daily activities are as follows:
- GIAC is a licensed NYS school aged childcare (SACC) facility for ages 4 - 12 as well as serving a pre-teen program for ages 6-8th grade.
- GIAC offers a Pre-K After School Program for ages 4 registered in an ICSD Pre-K program. Students must be age 4 by the first day of program to attend.
- GIAC also serves students in Kindergarten through 8th grade with our elementary and middle school programs.
- GIAC offers recreational, educational, and multicultural program activities.
- Students attending an ICSD school receive free bus transportation from school to GIAC daily. Students interested in attending GIAC's After School Program not in an ICSD school must provide their own transportation to GIAC.
For more information about GIAC's After School Program contact Youth Program Coordinator, Brandon Blas at 607-272-3622 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For assistance with registration, contact Executive Assistant, Aleshia Akers, at 607-272-3622 or email@example.com.
The GIAC Youth Summer Day Camp serves the same age population as the after-school program and also subscribes to the same goals and objectives.
It is run for 6 weeks during July and August providing daily safe and fun-filled activities inclusive of singing camp songs, field trips, environmental education, arts and crafts, recreation, multicultural activities, and swimming instruction.
Special events such as bake sales, talent shows, spirit days, carnivals, field trips are also important aspects of summer camp.
The camp operates Monday through Friday, from 9 am - 5 pm. Breakfast, Lunch, Snack and Dinner are provided daily.
We always need and welcome volunteers. We provide an orientation session you must attend before you can start. For more information and to sign up to volunteer visit the GIAC Volunteer page.