Web Privacy Statement and other Statements Regarding the Website of the City of Ithaca
Home > Privacy Statement
Thank you for visiting the City of Ithaca's website and for reviewing our privacy statement. When you visit our website, we will collect no personal information about you unless you choose to provide that information to us. We will not give, share, sell, or transfer any personal information to a third party without your consent.
Usage of Cookies
Information provided by you
Information volunteered by you through filling out an online form is used by us to provide you with requested services, and may be shared with other agencies for that purpose. We do not sell, rent, or publish any of your personal information. We do not reveal personal information about users to unaffiliated third parties for their independent use unless required to do so by the New York Freedom of Information Law or other relevant laws. In addition, we endeavor to restrict employee access to your personal information except where necessary to perform required duties.
Links to other sites
The City's website contains links to websites created and maintained by organizations other than the City of Ithaca. These links are provided for your reference and convenience only. The City of Ithaca does not control other websites and is not responsible for their content; nor does the City's inclusion of links to such websites imply any endorsement of the material, products, or services on the websites or any association with their operators. Once you link to another website, you are subject to the policies of that website. The privacy policies and procedures described here do not necessarily apply to those websites as they are not under our control. We suggest contacting the operators of those websites directly for information on their data collection and distribution policies.
We monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or to otherwise cause damage to the City's website. Anyone using the City's website expressly consents to such monitoring. We have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
The pages on the City of Ithaca's website have been designed to ensure that people with disabilities have access to and use of information and data in a manner comparable to what is available to people without disabilities. The City of Ithaca will continually strive to meet the needs of all its citizens in accordance with general accessibility principles.
CONTENT MANAGEMENT STATEMENT Content
Each department within the City of Ithaca is responsible for the content relating to it that is posted to the City's website.
United States and foreign copyright laws and international conventions protect the contents of the City's website. You agree to abide by all such laws and conventions.
Some links on the City's website lead to websites that are not operated by the City of Ithaca. The City of Ithaca does not control these websites nor do we review or control their content. The City of Ithaca provides these links to users for their convenience. The linkage does not imply an endorsement of products, services, or information, and does not imply an association between the City of Ithaca and the operators of the linked website.
Your access to and use of the City of Ithaca website is subject to the following terms and conditions, as well as all applicable laws. By accessing, browsing, and using the website, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these terms and conditions of use. These terms and conditions do not apply to the websites of agencies not affiliated with the City that are accessed by links from the City's website.
Modification of the Agreement
The City of Ithaca maintains the right to modify these terms and conditions of use without notice, and may do so by posting notice of such modifications on this page. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting unless otherwise stated. Your continued use of the website following the posting of any modification signifies your acceptance of such modification. You should periodically visit this page to review the current terms and conditions of use.
You agree to access and use the City's website only for lawful purposes. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to your use of the website. By accessing the website, you agree that you will not:
- Use the website to commit a criminal offense or to encourage others to conduct that which would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability;
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable content;
- Use the website to impersonate other parties or entities;
- Knowingly use the website to upload any content that contains a software virus, "Trojan Horse" or any other computer code, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt either the functionality of the website or the hardware and/or software of any other person who accesses the website;
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any materials that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under a contractual relationship;
- Alter, damage, or delete any content posted on the website;
- Disrupt the normal flow of communication in any way;
- Claim a relationship with or speak for any business, association, or other organization for which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship;
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation;
- Post any material that infringes upon or violates the intellectual property rights of another; or
- Collect or store personal information about others.
Termination of Use
The City of Ithaca may, at its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access and use of its website without notice and for any reason, including for violation of these terms and conditions of use or for other conduct which the City of Ithaca, in its sole discretion, believes is unlawful or harmful to others. In the event of termination, you will be no longer authorized to access the website, and the City of Ithaca will use whatever means possible to enforce this termination.
All images and text on the City of Ithaca website are copyrighted by the City of Ithaca and are protected by applicable laws. Republication or redistribution of this content, including by framing or by similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of the City of Ithaca.