Maps & Demographics
2010 Census: The population of the City of Ithaca is 30,014.
2000 Neighborhood Census
Improved Citizen Access! The city-wide public interactive mapping service is now available!
City staff and officials can contact the GIS Program for access to the City of Ithaca Staff GIS web applications.
The 2012 Redistricting Maps being considered by the Independent Redistricting Committee can be found here.
Click Here to access the Most Frequently Requested Maps
Several City Departments hold map collections. Contact each Department directly to review a complete listing of their existing map collections.
- Department of Public Works - Engineering Division: 607-274-6530 Official Engineering Plans
- Survey Control Points
- Department of Planning and Development: 607-274-6550
- Planning Department Maps by Theme
- Planning Department Maps by Neighborhood
- City of Ithaca Official Zoning Map
- Department of Public Works - Water and Sewer Division: 607-272-1717
- Sewer Collection System
- Water Distribution System
- Water Meter Zones
Map Requests: The GIS Program Staff produce maps by request for City staff, City of Ithaca Officials, and government or educational agencies working on community development projects that benefit the City of Ithaca residents. Requests made by the public are considered on a case by case basis. If the request can be honored, there is a plotting fee. Contact the GIS Program for further information.
GIS Data: Various GIS datasets covering the City of Ithaca are available for download via the CUGIR website and the NYS GIS Clearinghouse. If you have any more questions about GIS data specific to the City of Ithaca please contact the GIS program.