How do I contest a parking ticket?

1.  If you wish to contest a parking ticket, the first step is to complete a pre-trial appeal form: Parking Violation Pre-Trial Appeal Form   Be sure to read all instructions carefully.

2.  You will receive a written response- if granted the process is complete.  If denied in full or in part, you may choose to have a non-jury trial at Ithaca City Court.

3.  You need to contact Ithaca City Court to enter a "not guilty" plea on the parking ticket, and the court will schedule and a non-jury trial will be scheduled.

4.  You may choose to meet with the City Prosecutor prior to trial.

Note that if you begin this process within the 20 day period prior to late fee, the late fee will be suspended during the pendency of this process.

Show All Answers

1. How do I contest a parking ticket?