Youth Employment Service (YES)
YES can help you make connections! We work with teens, local residents, and employers. Whether it is help finding a job, practicing interview skills or finding the right worker for a job in your home or business, YES staff members are eager to help you.
For more information, visit www.yesithaca.org.
- What programs does YES offer?
- I'm a teen, how do I get started?
- I'm a local resident, how do I hire a teen?
- I run a local business and I have a job opening. What can YES do for me?
- Job Listing and Referral (includes part-time, seasonal and odd jobs)
- Work Placements funded and supported by Youth Employment Service
- Job Search assistance and support
Return to Top
I'm a teen, how do I get started?
- Get a YES application from the Ithaca Youth Bureau or click here to download a PDF version
- Have a parent/guardian sign the application.
- Provide the name and addresses of 3 references.
- Bring your application to the YES office or hand it to a staff member at one of our school outreaches and we will set up an interview. You can find us in the Ithaca High School cafeteria on Tuesdays and Thursdays during lunch or at Lehman Alternative Community School in the main hallway Wednesdays during lunch.
Through JobNet we can help you get hired by:
- Our staff can tell you who's hiring
- Help with applications and the application process
- Assist you with phone and interview skills
- Work on follow-up strategies
- Some of our partners are Cornell, TJ Maxx, Subway, Shortstop Deli, Wegman's and Purity.
- Our staff can help you get regular or one-time jobs, including yardwork, babysitting, snow shoveling, moving, office cleaning, animal care, and manual labor
- We can supply a list of contects or directly refer you to these jobs
- JobNet is for Tompkins County teens, age 14-20
If you qualify for a subsidized job, we can hire you to:
Work part time in the local community
- Our staff can match you to a job related to your interests
- Offer support for you throughout the work experience
- We have both summer and school-year job opportunities
- Teens have worked at: Cass Park, GIAC, Southside, Alternatives Federal Credit Union, Sciencenter, Cornell, Comet Skateboard Co., Drop-In Center, and Youth Bureau Summer Camps
Return to Top
I'm a local resident, how do I hire a teen? We'll ask you key details to get an idea of your needs. We can refer teens who are interested in working, have been pre-screened by the YES staff, and have developed an employment record with us.
- Teens can do yardwork, snow shoveling, babysitting, physical labor, moving, painting, office work, animal care, and more
"I was so happy with my worker, that I gave his name to a neighbor." -Local resident
- We can list your opening in our job book and directly promote your hiring needs,
- Refer the names of teens who have been pre-screened and have developed and employment record with us
"The placing of highly qualified motivated workers helped us tremendously. I deeply appreciate the YES program's support of our efforts" - Local business owner
1 James L. Gibbs Drive
Ithaca, NY 14850
Phone: (607) 273-8364
Fax: (607) 273-2817
Teens: Tompkins County residents, age 14-20
Employers: Local residents and businesses location in Tompkins County
Our core purpose is to prepare teens for job success and to connect them to opportunities.