The Recreation Department provides a broad range of recreation and leisure programming for youth of all ages. Recreational sports, lessons, day camps, theatre classes, art classes, special events, and Tot Spot are offered year round to youth and families. Our programs provide an opportunity for participants to have fun, learn new skills, develop friendships and life-long leisure interests. Recreation programs are supported in part by the Recreation Partnership - an inter-municipal collaboration between ten municipalities in Tompkins County, which helps to keep fees affordable for all!
Program and Special Events Information
Join us for Tot Spot! At the Ithaca Youth Bureau.
A stay and play place for children and their grown-ups to shake off those “cooped-up blues.”
Slides, riding toys, climbers, room-to-zoom and more!!!
5 mos–5 years old (& their grown-ups)
October 21–April 29
Mon, Tues, Thurs & Sat
$2 (5 mos-under 1 yr) / $4 (1-5 yrs)
Frequent Visit Pass: 6 visits for $20 (RP members only)
- I-PLAYbook (seasonal brochure)
- Sport League Information
- Cass Park Programming - please visit the rink or pool pages.
- Prices listed in the program descriptions fall into two categories:
Recreation Partnership Programs - Members of the Recreation Partnership receive a discounted price. These programs are labeled "RP Discount". As a member of the RP you pay the lesser price.
Other Recreation Programs - Programs not supported by the Recreation Partnership are labeled "CD-City Discount". These programs are supported by the City of Ithaca. Residents of the City of Ithaca pay the lesser price.
- Registrations can be mailed, dropped off or faxed to the Ithaca Youth Bureau.
- Be sure to sign wherever a signature is requested on the forms.
- Make checks payable to "Ithaca Youth Bureau".
- Payment must be made in full at the time of registration.
- We accept cash, checks, VISA, MasterCard and Discover.
- There are NO REFUNDS or CREDITS after registration is accepted.
- Order of Registration: First come, first served basis.
- Registration Deadline: registrations received after the deadline will go to wait lists.
- If proof of residency is requested, acceptable forms of proof include: driver license, car registration, lease, utility bill or voter registration card.
- Additional registration forms are available at the Ithaca Youth Bureau, 1 James L. Gibbs Drive, Ithaca, NY 14850
Our youth sports programs and other recreation programs depend on the help of dozens of parents, guardians and other volunteers willing to share their time and interest with youth. It's a fun way to get involved in the community.
The registration fee is waived for one child of the volunteer head coach. Previous experience is great, but not required. Training is provided. Be sure to fill out the current Recreation Volunteer Application.
Other Recreation Programs
Some of our recreation programs are not supported by the Recreation Partnership. Tight budgets have decreased the number of programs that the Recreation Partnership is able to support. While the Youth Bureau will still offer these programs there will not be an “RP Discount.” These programs are supported by the City of Ithaca and a “City Discount” will be given to residents of the City of Ithaca. You will see “CD” next to these programs.
1 James L. Gibbs Dr.Ithaca, NY 14850
Liz Vance, IYB Acting Director
Fax: (607) 273-2817
To provide quality inclusive programming for the changing recreation and leisure interests of the community. Our focus is on opportunities for youth and families through expressive arts, sport programs, special events, lessons, and summer camps.
Decisions regarding cancellations are rendered as close to the start of a program as possible due to variable weather. Program cancellations are posted at www.cancellations.com
For more information go to:
http://ithacayouthbureaurecreation.comFollow us at:
https://www.facebook.com/iyb.recand Tweet to @IYB_REC
Let us know how we are doing.