Yard Waste Collection Begins Monday, April 10, 2023
Curbside collection of yard waste begins on Monday, April 10, 2023. Collection will run until and November 30th, or until snow falls, on the weeks opposite recycling collection. Yard waste collection days are the same days as trash collection; however, yard waste is collected later in the day. Yard waste tags are required for each can, bag or bundle of yard waste to cover collection costs. The fees for yard waste collection are currently $1.50 per can, bag or bundle. Please see the Chamberlain's Office for information on purchasing yard waste tags.
- All yard waste must be placed at the curb the night before the scheduled collection day.
- Collection begins at 4 a.m.
- Only natural materials, such as grass, leaves, branches, and brush from the resident's property are considered yard waste. Material brought in from outside the city limits is considered illegal dumping.
- Bio-degradable, recyclable paper leaf or lawn bags are preferred, but yard waste may be placed in open trash cans without the lids. Plastic bags will not be accepted as a container for yard waste collection. Any plastic bags rejected and left at the curb will be subject to a special trash collection fee ($20 + weight of the bags)
- All brush must be tied in bundles no longer than 4 feet in length.
- Branches must not exceed 2 inches in diameter.
- No bundle, container, or bag may exceed 50 pounds in weight.