- Garage Parking
Garage parking in downtown Ithaca and Collegetown is an affordable and accessible option for residents and visitors alike. There are four conveniently located garages in the City of Ithaca, three in Downtown, and one in Collegetown. All four garages feature elevators, covered parking available, fully automated systems, and low hourly rates for parking.
For a short-term visitor, all parking garages charge $1/hour. Rates become cheaper if you purchase a garage parking permit. Please see the link below for rates and information on each other garages.
The City of Ithaca Chamberlain's Office sells permits to three of the four garages:
- Green Street Garage CLOSING for reconstruction SPRING 2021. More Information and updates will be available on the Parking News page.
- Seneca Street Garage CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING NEW PERMITS APPLICATIONS. AVAILABILITY FOR NEW APPLICATIONS WILL BE EVALUATED AT THE END OF JUNE, 2022.
- Dryden Road Garage CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING NEW PERMITS. AVAILABILITY FOR NEW APPLICATIONS WILL BE EVALUATED BY THE END OF JUNE, 2022.
All of the parking garages are now fully automated. Hourly parking fees are paid at the pay stations, which accept cash, coins, and credit cards (No American Express, please). Credit cards can also be used in exit lanes without leaving your vehicle.
Parking Garage Regulations & Policies
The following are regulations and policies regarding parking for the city-owned garages:
- To purchase a parking permit, personal identification and license plates numbers of the vehicles that will use the permit are required at the time of sale, or when the permit is transferred to another person.
- Up to 2 vehicles can be registered for a single permit, however, only one vehicle may be parked at the garage at one time.
- Monthly permits are good for 30 days beginning at the date pf purchase. These permits can be renewed for up to three months at a time. You can renew your parking permit using our Make a Payment center.
- Permit fees and proximity (permit) cards are nonrefundable, however, you may transfer your permit to another person by contacting the Chamberlain's Office.
- To park in a garage at a time not covered by your permit, you must take an hourly ticket and pay the hourly rate.
- Lost or stolen permit cards must be reported within 48 hours. If you fail to report the lost or stolen card within 48 hours, you will be held liable for any unpaid usage of the garage with that permit card.
- Please contact the Chamberlain's Office to protest an hourly charge (within 24 hours), pay a bill, or obtain a receipt.
For more information about parking in the city garages, and garage operations, please contact the City Parking Division at (607) 882-2352.