Community Life Commission
Regular meetings are held on the third Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in Common Council Chambers, 3rd floor, City Hall, 108 E. Green Street, 108 E. Green Street, Ithaca, NY 14850. If a meeting should fall on a nationally recognized holiday when city offices are closed, the meeting may take place the following Thursday at the same time and in the same location.
Agenda & Minutes
Agendas are available on the Thursday prior to the meeting. Minutes are posted upon approval by the Commission.
|Most Recent Agenda||View Available Minutes||Mural Proposal: "Women in Nature" By Jessica Harron & Megan Parker|
Overview & Duties
The Community Life Commission is charged with providing Common Council and the appropriate committees thereof, the City’s quasi-judicial boards, and City staff with advisory research, public input, and analysis for matters related to:
- Art and public art in Ithaca, including public art displays, programs, and exhibitions.
- Rental housing, including the accessibility, affordability, and quality of rental housing, tenant’s rights, and such other matters.
- Youth and youth development.
- Issues impacting Ithaca’s most vulnerable communities, including refugee, immigrant, and elderly communities.
- Issues related to the college and graduate student populations of, and the administrations of, local institutions of higher education, including Cornell University, Ithaca College, and Tompkins Cortland Community College.
- Issues of concern to Ithaca’s lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, and queer communities
- Diversity and the importance of diversity in Ithaca
- Sustainability, food and food systems, and environmental remediation and contamination.
The Commission is also charged with serving as a means of engaging in community outreach and receiving community input on the above-described subject matter in a manner consistent with the diversity, accessibility, and sustainability goals of the City and in conjunction with all appropriate Commissions, as necessary, to achieve such goals.
|Lisa Swayze, Chair ||Term expires December 31, 2020|
|Susi C.Y. Li ||Term expires December 31, 2020|
|Rusty Keeler ||Term expires December 31, 2020|
|Caroline Byrne ||Term expires December 31, 2020|
|Ishaan Bakhle ||Term expires December 31, 2021|
|Maria Thomadaki ||Term expires December 31, 2021|
|Sean Hillson ||Term expires December 31, 2021|
|Megan Nettleton ||Term expires December 31, 2021|
|Joy Das ||Term expires December 31, 2021|
|Donna Fleming||Common Council Liaison|
|George McGonigal||Common Council Liaison|
|You can reach the Community Life Commission at: CL@cityofithaca.org|