Public Safety and Information Commission
Regular meetings are held on the first Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in Common Council Chambers, 3rd floor, City Hall, 108 E. Green Street, 108 E. Green Street, Ithaca, NY 14850. If a meeting should fall on a nationally recognized holiday when city offices are closed, the meeting may take place the following Thursday at the same time and in the same location.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available on the Thursday prior to the meeting. Minutes are posted upon approval by the Commission.
|Most Recent Agenda||View Available Minutes|
Overview & Duties
The Public Safety and Information Commission is charged with providing Common Council and the appropriate committees thereof, the City’s quasi-judicial boards, and City staff with advisory research, public input, and analysis for matters related to:
- Policing, fire protection, and emergency response.
- Emergency preparedness plans, documents, and policies.
- Public access to information and City communication with the public.
- Substance abuse.
- Gorge safety.
- The use, maintenance, and design of the Ithaca Commons so as to promote the general welfare and beneficial public use of the Ithaca Commons.
- Issues of public health, peace, welfare, and good order with respect to noise and the regulation of noise under Chapter 240 of the City Code.
- Special events, assemblies, and parades in the City of Ithaca, including such events considered in Chapter 132 of the City Code.
The Commission is also charged with serving as a means of engaging in community outreach and receiving community input on the above-described subject matter in a manner consistent with the diversity, accessibility, and sustainability goals of the City and in conjunction with all appropriate Commissions, as necessary, to achieve such goals.
|Chair, Robert Cantelmo||Term to expire December 31, 2021|
|Aryeal Jackson||Term to expire December 31, 2020|
|Mike Comella||Term to expire December 31, 2020|
|Mike Brindisi||Term to expire December 31, 2020|
|Vacancy||Term to expire December 31, 2020|
|Heather Sandford||Term to expire December 31, 2021|
|Emily Howes||Term to expire December 31, 2021|
|Peter Thorman||Term to expire December 31, 2021|
|Vacancy||Term to expire December 31, 2021|
|Rob Gearhart||Common Council Liaison|
|Stephen Smith||Common Council Liaison|
|You can contact the Public Safety and Information Commission at PSI@cityofithaca.org|