In HETP, participants receive FREE training and work experience to start a fulfilling career in the hospitality industry. Participants complete the program over a period of about six months and leave with a comprehensive portfolio of certifications and on-the-job training, putting them in a competitive position for new job opportunities.
Participants receive eight weeks of instruction in skills, and receive certifications specific to their career path. Next, they spend six weeks working at local businesses to gain experience and learn the details of operating in the industry. This includes rotations in areas such as front office, food and beverage, clerical, housekeeping, maintenance, and administration/management.
Some program highlights can include:
- Tours of local businesses
- Resume/Cover letter writing & interview prep workshops
- Professional knife skills training from an esteemed chef
- Advice from a professional stylist & assistance purchasing interview and work appropriate outfits
- Transportation and child care assistance
Spring programming begins in January and Fall programming begins in September each year. If you have any questions, or would like more information, please email email@example.com, or call 607-272-3622.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and are available at GIAC or online