Cable Access Oversight Committee
Regular meetings are held on the first Monday of each month at 4:30 p.m., at the Pegasys Studio, 612 West Green Street, Ithaca, NY 14850.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda |
Overview & Duties
The Access Oversight Committee oversees various components of the Cable Franchise Agreement between the City of Ithaca and Time Warner Cable. The Committee consists of five voting members, three from the City of Ithaca (one of which is a member of Common Council); one from the Town of Ithaca and one from Cayuga Heights. A representative of Time Warner Cable shall serve as a nonvoting, ex-officio member of the Committee.
The Access Oversight Committee oversees the operations of the PEG (Public, Educational, Government) Access Studio to ensure the availability of the studio and equipment on a nondiscriminatory basis. The Access Oversight Committee establishes usage fees for the use of access equipment and/or facilities to access users who do not reside in participating municipalities.
PEGASYS Access TV Center is the public, educational and governmental access television center in Ithaca, NY. Community members can learn to use camcorders, editing software and a television studio to make their own TV shows for Channel 13/97-1 – and beyond!
- Training starts with a free orientation and a tour of the facilities.
- Studio and field production training are available monthly.
- No pre-registration for the orientation is required.
- Location: 612 W. Green St., Ithaca.
- Contact: (607) 272-7272 / email@example.com
- Web: http://pegasys.webstarts.com/
- Rich DePaolo, Town of Ithaca, Chair
Term expires: December 31, 2017
- Wies van Leuken, Village of Cayuga Heights, Vice-Chair
Term expires: December 31, 2018
- Wayles Browne, City of Ithaca, Secretary
Term expires: December 31, 2016
- Sue Perlgut, City of Ithaca
Term expires December 31, 2016
- Ducson Nguyen, City of Ithaca, Common Council
Term expires: December 31, 2019
- Lauren Stefanelli, Time Warner Cable