- The permits shall be issued to individual residents of a permit area and assigned to a unique vehicle license plate number.
- A resident is defined as any person, homeowner or renter, living in a dwelling unit in a permit area.
- The issuance of permits through landlords is hereby prohibited.
- Homeowners and renters must provide the vehicle registration or copy thereof, of the vehicle in question.
- Homeowners and renters may prove residency by producing a deed, current lease, driver’s license with valid address, telephone or utility bill, or other similar documentation.
- The fee for a residential parking permit shall be $45 per year.
- Permits may be purchased any time during the year for the said annual fee.
- Partial year permits shall not be issued.
- Permits shall be valid from date of issue through July 31.
- The fee for a visitor pass is $10.
- This is a voluntary program. Residents living in a block included in the permit system are not required to purchase permits, however compliance with city parking regulations is required.
- Permits may be renewed through the mail with proper documentation and a $45 fee. Permits will be issued by the City Clerk’s Office on a first come, first served basis.
- The residential parking permit is required to be placed on the backseat window on the driver’s side of the vehicle. If the backseat windows are tinted, then the permit should be placed on the driver's window, near the door handle. The permit needs to be clearly visible from the street at all times. Permits should never be placed on the windshield, the only information that should be placed on the windshield is the vehicle registration and inspection stickers.
- If a permit holder wishes to transfer a permit to a different vehicle, or there is a change of license plates on a vehicle with a permit, the new license plate number and vehicle identification number must be reported to the City Clerk. A new permit will be issued without charge, only if physical remnants of the old permit are returned. If the physical remnants of the old permit are not returned, the new permit will only be issued if there is an eligible permit available for the property, at a cost of $45.